1. Are ghosts real? Science says there’s not a ghost of a chance!
|The scariest thing about this scene: the paucity of channels on the TV.|
2. Looking for a way to merge your love of physics with trick or treating? Check out these physics-themed Halloween costume ideas.
|This Halloween, go as anti-matter!|
3. We have nothing to fear but biochemistry. The American Chemical Society has released a neat little video about the chemistry of fear.
4. Ever wonder what would happen if you could cross a panda and an owl? A bird with a baboon? Here is a collection of eerie animal hybrids generated with a little help from Photoshop.
5. Here’s how to make some creepy Halloween decorations from the comfort of your own haunted house!
Science quote of the week:
“Back off, man! I'm a scientist!” –Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters
Contributed by: Bill SullivanFollow Bill on Twitter: @wjsullivan